Fraudster email attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated – often appearing to be sent from a business, organization, or individual the victim regularly communicates with.
Signs to look for your account may have been compromised include:
- Not receiving new emails you are expecting
- Emails in your sent folder were not sent by you
- An Out of Office message has been turned on that you did not set up
If you think you may have fallen victim to a scam, immediately contact your IT support team / email@example.com
- Reset your user username and password
- Disable any forwarding rules or rules that move messages to the deleted folder
- Screen your computer and network for malware
We encourage you to be vigilant. Emails containing hyperlinks or attachments that require actions by you should be carefully vetted before proceeding. If you are unsure if an email you received is legitimate, do not click on any links, attachments, or provide any information especially financial information.