Timing is everything. It is key to set up the new mail box and route the email to Microsoft 365 / Office 365 before backing up the previous mail box and importing it. A few duplicates are better then lost email.Continue reading “Migrating to 365? Here is what you need to know.”
As a registered Microsoft Partner Databias is responsible for ensuring that you – our valued customer – are up to date with your licensing.
Microsoft updated their Terms and Conditions in August this year and as of the 7th November 2018, all CSP’s have been unable to change customers accounts that have not agreed.
The agreement terms refer mostly to security, privacy and data protection and can be found here.
At a casual glance Exchange Online 2 is like Exchange Online 1 with an additional 50GB of email storage space. However, there is more to EOL2 than meets the eye. Continue reading “Why choose Exchange Online 2?”
Microsoft Project is an amazing tool for collaborative management of both large and small projects with one or many team members, multiple deliverables, progress tracking, budgeting, scheduling and more. However, with all the features available, figuring our which 365 Project licenses you require for your project can be a little daunting. In this article we try to demystify the licensing of Microsoft Project. Continue reading “Microsoft Project licenses”
Sometimes you need to remove / change your 365 licensing (eg. when a new machine is sold with a tempory 365 license). Short of reinstalling your entire machine, this has always proved problematic. If you want to remove a product license from your computer, here is how you do it. Continue reading “How to remove a product license from your Windows computer”
Apart from pricing, 365 Business and the more expensive 365 ProPlus are essentially the same at first glance. However, there are some subtle differences that one should be aware of before making a decision, the most important being:
- 365 ProPlus includes Microsoft Access; 365 Business does not (Access can only be run on a PC and not a Mac).
- 365 Business has a limit of 300 users in a single account; 365 ProPlus has no limit on number of users.
That said, both options can:
- Install the latest version of Office on up to five computers for each user
- Install and use the Office applications on iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices
Other 365 offers include these offers as part of their final offer:
- 365 Business is bundled in with the Office 365 Business Premium plan.
- 365 ProPlus is bundled in with the Office 365 E3 and E4 plans.
Other, less significant differences include:
- 365 ProPlus includes powerful Excel features (Compare, Inquire, Power Pivot, Power View); 365 Business doesn’t.
- 365 ProPlus includes InfoPath Designer which is used to design, distribute, complete and submit electronic forms and can be used in conjunction with SharePoint Online; 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus allows the ability to run Microsoft Office on virtual desktops; Office 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus can block cloud-based file storage through a registry edit; 365 Business cannot.
- 365 ProPlus has Group Policy support; 365 Business does not.
- Office 365 ProPlus supports Exchange Online and SharePoint Online Archiving and Compliance; 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus supports Information Rights Management (and therefore Azure Rights Management); 365 Business does not.
So the long and the short is, 365 ProPlus is an enterprise offering; 365 Business is a retail offer. Both can be coupled with other 365 offers to make for an interesting and flexible mix of products and services.
If you already have a Microsoft 365 account and would like to designate Databias as your reseller you need to submit a reseller relationship request with Mircosoft.
- Create a support request with Databias requesting the reseller URL.
- Login to 365 using your administrative login.
- Click on the link provided in step 1.
- Approve the reseller relationship.
Unfortunately you cannot trial a 365 license as Microsoft requires us as resellers to pay for licenses used up-front. As such our licensing with our clients is on a month to month, up-front basis. You can cancel your license at any time in order to not incur the charge for the following month.
Should you wish to trial an Exchange mailbox you we recommend selecting and Exchange Online 1 license as this is the most cost effective offer available allow for full Exchange functionality and a 50GB mailbox.
Yes, you can. You will need an available Exchange enabled mailbox license (Exchange Online Plan 1 or Business 365 Premium) plus a Databias web hosting package. You will then be able to select which type of mailbox you desire when you create a mailbox.