Aux is an auxiliary value which represents a weighting of a domain name record, with lower values indicating a higher significance. Aux values are very important when used with MX records as they indicate a preference of mail server.
A domain record represents a piece of information about a domain. There are several record types available:
- A records: An A record is a pointing from a name to an IP address, such as www -> 188.8.131.52
- MX records: An MX record allows for inbound email to a domain to reach the correct mailservers
- CNAME records: A CNAME is a canonical name record which is a little akin to an alias. It allows for the pointing of a name to another name, such as www.example.com to www.newcompany.com.
- TXT records: A TXT record is a small piece of textual information which provides flexible functionality for a domain. TXT records are commonly used for SPF, an anti-spam mechanism, which specifies which mailservers are allowed to send email for a specific domain.
The Dcentral control panel allows for creation and removal of all the above record types. Changes made are immediate.
Should you already have a domain and would like to transfer the domain to Databias for complete control and centralised billing you will be required to perform the following simple steps:
- Inform your current domain registrar of your intention to transfer the domain to Databias.
- Once confirmation of transfer from the current registrar is received by yourself you will need to log into the Dcentral control panel and navigate to the domains page. In the Transfer an existing domain section enter your domain name and click the ‘Initiate Transfer’ to add the domain to your order.
- Check out and pay for the domain transfer.
- Once paid our support team will initiate the transfer request.
- Once the existing registrar approved the transfer request the domain will be transferred to Databias.
If you already have a domain and would like to delegate control of the domain to Databias whilst leaving registration of the domain at the original registrar you should proceed with the following steps:
- Log into Dcentral control panel and navigate to the domains page.
- Search for the domain you would like to delegate in the Purchase a Domain section.
- Click the Delegate this domain to add the domain to your order.
- Once payment is confirmed you will need to inform the current domain registrar to point the domain nameservers to the Databias globally redundant nameservers:
To create a domain one needs to first ensure the domain is available to purchase. Navigate to the domains section in the Dcentral control panel and enter the domain name you wish to purchase. If the domain is available you will be able to add it to your order and purchase the domain.
Databias uses open-source web servers and web server technology. Our primary servers run the latest version of Nginx and PHP for optimal security and performance. Our backend database servers use the MySQL replacement, MariaDB and our self-provisioned SSL certificates are provided by LetsEncrypt.
We do not offer Microsoft (IIS) or .NET hosting.
Log onto Dcentral with your username and password, navigate towards Hosting. Follow on screen instructions.