Microsoft Project is an amazing tool for collaborative management of both large and small projects with one or many team members, multiple deliverables, progress tracking, budgeting, scheduling and more. However, with all the features available, figuring our which 365 Project licenses you require for your project can be a little daunting. In this article we try to demystify the licensing of Microsoft Project. Continue reading “Microsoft Project licenses”
At the moment we only accept prepaid accounts which are topped up using your credit card, EFT or Paypal. In order to purchase a subscription or license you need to register and make a payment to achieve a positive balance on your account. Prior to ordering a new license or subscription you should ensure that your account has sufficient funds in order to make the purchase.
Please see this Office knowledge base article for up to date information on configuring your Exchange mailbox on an iOS device.
If you’re a 365 user you should definitely try the native Outlook mobile app for Android or IOS. It comes packed with great features which trump the pre-installed mail reading apps in both the Apple and Google operating systems. Not to mention the most surprising fact that Outlook for mobile is free, well kind of… Continue reading “Is the Outlook app for IOS and Android really free?”
You can access your POP mailbox using our secure webmail interface at https://webmail.databias.co.za
Databias does not store credit card details. Each time you top-up your account you will be required to re-enter your credit card payment details.
Should you wish to pay via EFT (the preferred method), please ensure that payment is received by the 5th day of each month otherwise your services will be automatically terminated and licensing revoked.
Please make sure you familiarise yourself with Databias’ Terms and Conditions should you have any queries in this regard.
Yes! You can access the POP web mail login here: https://webmail.databias.co.za
Sometimes you need to remove / change your 365 licensing (eg. when a new machine is sold with a tempory 365 license). Short of reinstalling your entire machine, this has always proved problematic. If you want to remove a product license from your computer, here is how you do it. Continue reading “How to remove a product license from your Windows computer”
Apart from pricing, 365 Business and the more expensive 365 ProPlus are essentially the same at first glance. However, there are some subtle differences that one should be aware of before making a decision, the most important being:
- 365 ProPlus includes Microsoft Access; 365 Business does not (Access can only be run on a PC and not a Mac).
- 365 Business has a limit of 300 users in a single account; 365 ProPlus has no limit on number of users.
That said, both options can:
- Install the latest version of Office on up to five computers for each user
- Install and use the Office applications on iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices
Other 365 offers include these offers as part of their final offer:
- 365 Business is bundled in with the Office 365 Business Premium plan.
- 365 ProPlus is bundled in with the Office 365 E3 and E4 plans.
Other, less significant differences include:
- 365 ProPlus includes powerful Excel features (Compare, Inquire, Power Pivot, Power View); 365 Business doesn’t.
- 365 ProPlus includes InfoPath Designer which is used to design, distribute, complete and submit electronic forms and can be used in conjunction with SharePoint Online; 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus allows the ability to run Microsoft Office on virtual desktops; Office 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus can block cloud-based file storage through a registry edit; 365 Business cannot.
- 365 ProPlus has Group Policy support; 365 Business does not.
- Office 365 ProPlus supports Exchange Online and SharePoint Online Archiving and Compliance; 365 Business does not.
- 365 ProPlus supports Information Rights Management (and therefore Azure Rights Management); 365 Business does not.
So the long and the short is, 365 ProPlus is an enterprise offering; 365 Business is a retail offer. Both can be coupled with other 365 offers to make for an interesting and flexible mix of products and services.